|Zhou Ming AKA Overmind81|
Good morning, Zhou Ming
I would like you to tell me about yourself. What do you think your fans want to know about you?
Hello Jen Christopherson!
I am from China of a three-dimensional art designers, my name is zhou ming. For many years engaged in the production of the game, hope here can and fellow artists exchange and make friends! If I could go to THQ or Blizzard working and learning is my greatest wish! Maybe there will be a part of the fans want to know me. But I think I can be a level of concern was far away. Now that my ability is not good enough. Of course, if everyone like my art. I hope everyone to pay attention to it.
1) Describe for us your work space. Is it on the couch with your laptop? On a desk with art supplies and a lamp? Is it the bus on the way home from work?
Good. I use a desktop computer, because I think they are reliable, may also because in China, the popularity of mobile platform did not affect me. My working environment is very simple, a desk with my desktop and my teapot, is it right? Very simple? Ha ha. Usually I like the record I like things with the camera.
2) When you are thinking about a picture, what comes first? The urge to draw or an image in your mind? Something different?
The first to determine what you want, and have a general goal can find inspiration in similar animal plant. Then add some of your love style and decoration. If it is their own creation, I like to follow the subconscious action, let him to drive me to draw some messy lines or other, finally it looks like something I would put it into anything.
3) If you could invite five artists, living or dead, to dinner, who would they be?
Michelangelo, Roddan , EPIC Mike Kime, CM, and I met at deviantart HazardousArts and I will give them personally make authentic Chinese food.
Homemade Chinese food? Scrumptous!
4) When was the last time you just had to draw, and what inspired that feeling?
I saw the dragon he leading other touched me on the homepage of kabam, so I used the lunch time as a 3D sketch.
|3D dragon by Zhou Ming|
I think I pay more attention to my dream. He liked drawing when I was a child . And work hard, now I want to be a 3D concept designer. As for the money and power , it seems to me I just ability dream by- products . I personally like style of art , some if I have a chance to go abroad to big game company, this is really a great honor!
6) What one picture do you think you spent the most time editing? What was it about it that you couldn't seem to get right?
Practice nature to do their own work time is very long, but may not be able to get good results, because you want to try the new concept and the method, may be detours , may also be found unworkable . But to overcome our weaknesses and learn new knowledge I must do so.
7) There are a lot of concepts about what artists are like, what's the one you hate the most? Like the most?
I like all the people 's work, I do not exclude any style , not to the exclusion of others , but I don't like his consciousness upon others.
8) If you could choose one drawing related question you never, ever wanted to hear spoken again, what would it be?
OK , a painting I don't think I don't like questions.
9) What's your favorite picture?
If you are referring to my work, I in the connection of the works are to be.
10) What project are you currently working on?
Due to some problems of China's game market, and the operation of the company, now has no success. This is also my most troublesome thing.
I'm sorry to hear that your company is having no success due to China's game market and the operation of the company.
11) About how long does it take you to get from first draft to polished drawing?
If the 3D sketch practice or improvise, 20 minutes to 2 hour. If it is a very fine to work may last for many days.
12) What's your best drawing related memory? Your worst?
Ha ha . The best, most recent production naked girl let my colleagues did not dare to look it in public. The worst, long before the first production of the girl's face, my colleague came and said: dude! You do is a man?
13) If you could give a new artist one piece of advice, what would it be and why?
Learn basic art , don't pay too much attention to the drawing software.
I have learned that software will not help the talentless!!!
14) If you had a chance to study under any artist, living or dead, who would it be and why?
15) What is the one thing you would go back and redo when you were learning to draw? Would you focus more on something? Focus less on something?
When I met their bottleneck capacity, I often do some basic exercises, very simple. Pay more attention to the overall feeling, abandon your details, in the process, I tend to break this bottleneck .
Thank you very much, Zhou Ming! I enjoyed this interview very much. I learned a great deal about being an artist!
Thank you very much jen christophersonname: zhou ming
I would like to make this a regular feature here. Do you have any questions for Zhou? Would you like to know more about about artists in general? If so, what? Are there any questions you feel I should have asked? Let me know in the comments!